When it comes to the new year, people often take a step back and look for places in their lives that they want to change. Some of the most popular resolutions are:
- To lose weight
- To quit smoking
- To drink less or quit drinking
While these are great resolutions to have for the beginning of the new year, there are other aspects of your life to review, such as insurance. Checking your insurance to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage and checking for coverage gaps is a great way to protect yourself in 2020. No matter what your resolutions are this year, protect all aspects of your life. Here are some things to review with your agent.
Our agents understand that life can change quickly and you will want coverage with every major life event, at least to some degree. Consider the following as you review your life insurance:
- Life Changes: From welcoming a new baby into your family to getting married or sending your first child off to college, these are all adjustments that should be made to your life insurance policy. Reviewing these changes will eliminate gaps and ensure that your beneficiaries are always covered.
- Income Changes: Did you finally get that dream job you wanted with a boost in income? You should adjust your insurance policy to ensure in the case of death that your family can still maintain their current standard of living. If there has been a decrease in your income, talk to one of our agents, and we will advocate for the most affordable options.
While checking on your homeowners policy may not be at the top of your list of New Year’s resolutions, doing an annual review of your insurance policy may save you money and potentional grief if a disaster were to occur.
- Addition of Valuables: Did you inherit new family heirlooms, artwork, antiques, or jewelry in the past year? These valuable pieces may not be covered unless you add an insurance rider. You should consider anything of high value, such as a new laptop or big-screen TV.
- Home Improvement: If you finally updated your kitchen or bathroom or even renovated an entire floor of your home, the value of your home can significantly increase. Ensure your home’s new upgrades and belongings are fully covered.
- A Change in Your Home Value: Home values can significantly increase over time for various reasons.
Auto insurance is an easy one to automatically let renew every year without taking a deeper look into it. Just letting your auto insurance renew can cost you in the long run if your coverage does not fit your needs as your needs grow. Consider the following when it comes to auto insurance:
- New Drivers: Before letting a young driver loose on the road, you’ll need to add them to your auto policy. It’s required for all Texas drivers, and it will give you peace of mind that some or all of your expenses stemming from an accident will be covered.
- Vehicle Status: As vehicles age, their values drop significantly. By increasing your deductible or by lowering your coverage, you can save money. It is important to discuss with our agents what the best option is before you decide on anything final.
- Driving Habits: If you are driving more or less this year, or you have upcoming road trips and want additional coverage, this is the time to take all of that into consideration. Reviewing these aspects each year will save you money and give you peace of mind, no matter where the road takes you in 2020.
Review Your Insurance Resolutions With Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agents
While we may not be able to help you lose 25 pounds, our agents can review your current policies and save you money instead. By reviewing your current insurance and discussing what best suits your needs, you may discover gaps or places where you can cut back. No matter what the case is, complete this resolution with our agents to ensure that you are completely covered.
For more information or to discuss your current insurance options with our agents, contact Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency today by calling 512-869-1511 or contacting us online.