Renter’s Insurance – Do You Need It?

For those of you who live in an apartment, condo, duplex, or a rental house, how well are your possessions protected in the event of a fire, tornado, or other type of loss?  Renter’s insurance can provide you with two types of protection at a minimum.  The first is to provide you protection in the event any of your possessions are damages, destroyed, or stolen.  At Evans, Ewan and Brady we do a minimum of $30,000 worth of coverage for property.  To determine how much coverage you need to be fully protected, it is wise to do a home inventory.  Renter’s Insurance is so critical because often times a crisis is caused by another resident and you can suffer a loss from a fire started in another dwelling.

Another form of protection that can be provided through renter’s insurance is liability.  In the event someone comes to visit you at your apartment, duplex, condo or rental home and is injured through negligence or some similar manner, it is critical you have some coverage to protect you from financial liability.  Be sure your limits are adequate to protect you in the event of such an occurrence.

While renter’s insurance can be fairly inexpensive, it is important to compare rates.  Just the other day we more than doubled the protection for a friend and cut her premium almost in half.

Give us a call at Evans, Ewan and Brady and ask us to quote your renter’s insurance.

Posted 11:45 am