Tuesday, July 17, 2012
- Leave blinds open in their usual position.
- Have mail and packages picked up, forwarded or held by the post office.
- Lower the sound of your telephone ringer and answering machine so they can’t be heard outside.
- Arrange to have your lawn mowed in summer and your walk and driveway shoveled in winter.
- Stop newspaper deliveries.
- Ask a friend to pick-up “throw-away” newspapers and circulars.
- Use automatic timers to turn lights on and off in various parts of the house at appropriate times. Consider connecting a radio to a timer.
- Tell police and dependable neighbors when you plan to be away and join with your neighbors to keep a close watch on what’s happening in your area—working closely with them is a good way to prevent crime.
Posted 3:24 pm