Salons and barbershops provide a wide range of unique hair and beauty services that require insurance policies tailored to cover them all. Selecting specific coverages that will keep salon owners secure is vital to protect against costly losses from customer injuries and lawsuits. If you own or operate in a salon or barbershop in Austin, investing in full coverage will give you peace of mind that you are financially prepared for the good, the bad, and the ugly that may come your way.
Contact Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency, Inc., at 512-240-6879 today to get a policy designed for your salon or barber shop needs.
Basic Salon & Barber Insurance Coverage
If you own a beauty salon or barbershop, protecting your customers’ well-being, possessions, and identifying information while you are providing them services is part of the deal. Creating a business insurance policy to safeguard your company from unforeseeable incidents is a crucial part of any business plan. A member of our Evans, Ewan & Brady team can assist you with forming a commercial insurance policy to cover your salon and barbershop needs. The most common types of insurance you might need are:
- Professional liability: Also referred to as errors and omissions insurance, this insurance covers you against lawsuits from employee error that result in injury or property damage. (Liability stands if the incident was a result of negligence.)
- General liability insurance: Protects your company’s assets against general issues, from bodily harm to property damage, to copyright infringement.
- Commercial property insurance: This provides you commercial property coverage for theft, fire, vandalism, and other incidents.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: This coverage reimburses employees for injuries they sustain on the job. This is an essential policy to have unless you’re the sole proprietor of your business.
For professional assistance getting the best possible salon and barber coverage at the lowest price available in Austin, contact Evans, Ewan, & Brady at 512-240-6879.
Other Insurance a Stylist, Aesthetician, or Barber Shop May Need
Basic salon and barber insurance coverage is necessary for any stylist, aesthetician, or barber. Depending on your needs, it may also be important to have the following:
- Life insurance: This policy transfers money to designated beneficiaries if you were to pass away. As a business owner, this coverage can help you, your business partner, and any employee whose death would impact your business operations.
- Business interruption insurance: Natural disaster or illness can mean that your business location is unusable. This coverage gives you compensation for your lost earnings to help you financially recuperate more quickly.
- Commercial umbrella policy: An umbrella policy goes above and beyond your regular policies, adding extended protection against accidents or losses beyond the scope of normal impacts.
Protect yourself from the damage of unplanned accident or loss expenses by letting the associates at Evans, Ewan & Brady work with you to tailor a policy to cover your assets. Contact us today at 512-240-6879 to learn more about your coverage options.
How Much Does Salon and Barber Insurance Cost?
Each salon and barber service has singular offerings and particulars that will vary the costs of an insurance policy significantly. In fact, you will have not one, but a combination of insurance policies to cover all your needs. The main factors that determine the price of salon and barber insurance are:
- The value of the property you’re covering.
- The types and level of coverage you select.
- The number of employees you have.
- Your service area.
We understand the coverage challenges business owners can face in the everchanging, competitive marketplace. Our team is built to empower you with the best protection for your situation at the lowest rates. With over 90 years of experience in Central Texas, we will get you what you need!
To compare available rates and policies for your Austin, TX, business call 512-240-6879 or request a quote online today. To have a member of our Evans, Ewan & Brady team call you, contact us online today.