As a business owner in the Austin, TX area, it’s vital to insure your building against unforeseen events. Commercial property insurance is one of the most important policies for any business to have because it protects you financially if an accident, disaster, or other incident causes damage to the building or the property inside.
Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency, Inc. specializes in helping business owners reduce their risk. We offer our clients an array of business insurance options, including commercial property insurance. No matter the size of your company, we can help you secure affordable coverage for your needs.
Don’t leave your business unprotected—contact Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency for a commercial property insurance quote in Bell, Williamson, or Travis County, TX.
What Does Commercial Property Insurance Cover?
All business owners need some form of commercial property insurance. Even if you lease your building rather than own it, obtaining coverage is essential to protecting assets that might not be covered by your landlord’s policy.
In general, you can expect commercial property insurance to cover the following:
- The physical structure of your building, including permanent fixtures, machinery, and equipment
- Business property on the premises, including non-permanent office equipment, computers, tools, and furniture
- Inventory stored and sold on the premises
- Important documents and records
- Exterior features, such as fences, landscaping, and signage
- The personal property of others while in the care of your business
You may need to add extra coverage if you want your policy to protect things such as digital data, currency, and goods in transit. Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency can help you pinpoint the most vital areas of coverage and secure an affordable policy for your business.
What Types of Perils Does Commercial Building Insurance Cover?
When comparing business property insurance in Bell, Williamson, or Travis County, you may come across “specified perils” coverage (which only protects against certain perils) and “open perils” plans (which is more comprehensive). Here are the types of perils that may be included with your policy:
- Damage from equipment, machinery, and glass breakage
- Damage caused by burst pipes, gas leaks, or electrical outages
- Civil disobedience, theft, vandalism, and other crimes
- Fire, smoke, hail, and wind damage
- Earthquakes and floods (which must be explicitly listed on your policy to be covered)
You may also choose to include business interruption coverage, which protects your earnings if you are unable to conduct business while recuperating from a covered peril.
What Affects the Cost of Commercial Property Coverage?
What you pay for commercial building coverage depends on numerous factors, including:
- The age and safety of the building’s construction materials
- Your building’s location and size
- The type of work you do on the premises
- How well your business is protected against potential hazards (security systems, fire alarms, sprinklers, extinguishers, etc.)
No matter how these factors play out, it’s crucial to secure adequate insurance coverage. Failing to insure the full value of your building at the time of loss could result in a coinsurance penalty.
Save on Business Property Insurance from Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency
The experienced team at EEB can help you secure the commercial building coverage you need. We’ll work closely with you to ensure sufficient protection and peace of mind in case a disaster or accident occurs.
To learn more about protecting your commercial property against the unexpected, please contact EEB at 512-869-1511. We serve business owners in Bell, Williamson, and Travis counties, TX.