Running a dairy farm is a major operation, and it can carry a significant amount of liability and risk. Dairy cattle are unpredictable, and just one errant kick can cause injuries to an employee or even someone visiting your farm. The right commercial coverage from Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency can ensure proper protection for your farm and livelihood.
If you lack commercial insurance coverage for your dairy farm, we are here to help. Call 512-869-1511 or contact us online to learn more about our commercial coverage options.
Common Types of Insurance for Dairy Farms
Dairy farm insurance is commercial insurance that protects your farm as a business. It covers all types of liability, including:
- General liability – This coverage protects against general issues you can’t predict. If your cows or other aspects of your business cause property damage or bodily injury, this will protect you against a lawsuit.
- Commercial property insurance – The property your dairy farm occupies may not be covered under a homeowners policy because it is a commercial business. Commercial property insurance can protect it against problems like fire, vandalism, theft, and similar issues.
- Commercial auto insurance – Protect the trucks that carry milk from your farm and the vehicles that transport your livestock with a commercial auto insurance policy. If an accident occurs while you are conducting business, your personal auto insurance will not be adequate.
- Workers’ compensation insurance – If you employ outside help to run your dairy farm, make sure your employees are covered for any injuries they sustain while working for you.
Coverage can get confusing, and that’s why we are here. Diary farms in Austin, TX, can call 512-869-1511 or contact Evans, Ewan & Brady online to get more help choosing the right policy.
Additional Coverages for Additional Protection
On top of these common types of dairy farm insurance, consider some additional protections. These might include:
- If you passed away, life insurance makes sure your business will not fold with life insurance coverage.
- Business interruption insurance – If a catastrophe or serious illness strikes, this insurance ensures you can continue getting paid while your business recovers.
- Umbrella policies – Commercial umbrella policies kick in when these other coverage types do not cover a loss or issue.
Schedule a consultation with our dairy farm insurance experts to learn more about the coverage you might need.
Trust Evans, Ewan & Brady for Dairy Farm Insurance
When it comes to buying insurance for a dairy farm, you need the right professional guidance. Our team has over 90 years of experience to help you choose the right coverage. We understand the factors that affect the cost of insurance and will help you shop the different products to find one that fits your budget.
Contact Evans, Ewan & Brady now to discuss dairy farm insurance in Austin, TX. You can also call us at 512-869-1511.