As a contractor, residential construction has plenty of risks, both physical and financial. To protect your employees, your business, the clients, and yourself, it is important to have the proper insurance coverage in place throughout every step of the project.
With more than 90 years of service in central and Austin, Texas, Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency, Inc. has the knowledge and industry connections in place to help you find the ideal policies and coverage amounts for your business. Our experts will recommend the best choices for your home builder’s insurance coverage, and we will guide you through the entire process, making it as straightforward as possible.
Are you looking for the best balance between coverage and cost? Talk to our experts at Evans, Ewan & Brady. Call 512-869-1511 or contact us online today.
Basic Home Builder’s Insurance Coverage
There are a handful of policies that our team at Evans, Ewan & Brady recommends as a minimum for home builders, and they include:
- Professional liability: This coverage protects against lawsuits stemming from injuries or property damage accidentally caused by an employee, except in cases of negligence.
- General liability insurance: This coverage protects your business assets against general liability issues, such as bodily harm, property damage, copyright infringement, contractual liability, and more.
- Contractor’s insurance: This coverage protects your job site tools and assesses against loss, protects against job site injuries, and helps the contractor qualify for bids.
- Builders insurance: This coverage provides coverage for the building currently under construction against fire, lightning, vandalism, theft, and more.
- Commercial property insurance: This coverage protects your office, job equipment, signage, and other commercial property against losses that include fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Workers’ compensation: This policy reimburses workers for a portion of the costs incurred due to an on-the-job injury.
- Commercial auto insurance: This coverage protects fleet vehicles and personal vehicles used for business purposes against losses due to accidents.
Want to know which policies are the best choice for your business? Call 512-869-1511 or reach out to us online to speak with our experts today.
Other Insurance a Home Builder Might Need
Here are a few more types of insurance you may need, based on your preferences, the size of your business, and the scope of your projects:
- Life insurance: In the event of your death, this policy provides cash to beneficiaries such as business partners, spouses, or children to help with expenses and lost income.
- Business interruption insurance: This coverage helps with expenses in the event of a business interruption due to natal disasters, injures, illnesses, and more.
- Commercial umbrella policy: This policy provides coverage for the gaps in your other home builder’s policies or events and circumstances not typically covered.
- Group health insurance: If you have employees, you may have to offer group health insurance to ensure they can receive appropriate medical care to stay healthy.
How Much Does Home Builder’s Insurance Cost?
The cost for the insurance policies for your home builder’s insurance will vary based on several factors:
- Coverage types and levels
- The value of insured property
- The number of employees you have
- Your service area
- The type and size of your building projects
- The value of your building projects
You can find the best policies with the best prices by turning to our team at Evans, Ewan & Brady. We will work diligently to get you the best coverage available within your budget, and we will make the process of obtaining home builder’s insurance as painless as possible.
Give us a call today at 512-869-1511 or contact us online to request a quote for home builder’s insurance in the Austin area.