Motorcyclists swear by the freedom and sheer enjoyment of being on the open road. Why let risk lessen your ability to take full advantage of your investment? Appropriate motorcycle insurance that has been specifically tailored to your means and needs affords you greater flexibility, keeps you compliant with Central Texas laws, and helps to ensure you never need to stress about theft or sudden complications.
Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency, Inc. is an independent insurance agency that has been assisting motorists for decades. We specialize in providing our clients with a tailored policy that meets your needs with affordable rates and comprehensive coverage that will keep you, your passengers, and your investment as safe as possible.
For motorcycle insurance information, or to get a quote for your motorcycle insurance, reach out to Evans, Ewan & Brady online. You can also call 512-869-1511!
Why Do I Need Motorcycle Insurance in Austin?
Motorcycle insurance is a necessity from a legal perspective, but this fact often drives motorcycle owners to go with the bare minimum required. This can present serious complications, as proper insurance meets your needs regardless of what may come, while the bare minimum will most often leave you with nothing for various other common circumstances.
Consider these points when you’re looking into motorcycle insurance, and decide how much coverage you’re looking for:
- Motorcycle theft is quite common in Austin and the surrounding areas—basic liability does nothing to help you in recouping your losses.
- Motorcycle repair after an accident can be extremely expensive, and good coverage will go a long way toward getting you back on the road.
- Passenger injuries are always a risk, and medical costs are substantial to say the least.
With these points in mind, your next question is likely this: How much motorcycle insurance coverage do I need? The answer to this question depends very heavily on a wide range of factors. How often you have passengers, the type of motorcycle you own, how many modifications your motorcycle has, your average mileage — even your exact location of residence can be an important factor.
To find the correct answer, it is imperative that you work with an experienced independent agent. At Evans, Ewan & Brady, we place our full focus on how best to serve our clients and act as an advocate for finding you the ideal coverage. We go out of our way to find the best coverage possible for your unique needs, and we take the time to help you understand what works for you, and why.
Ready to find the right insurance for your needs? Contact Evans, Ewan & Brady about motorcycle insurance in Austin, Texas!
Tips for the Cost-Conscious Rider
Many factors can play a role in determining what your insurance costs will be, such as your age, your driving record, where you live and the type of motorcycle you own, or being a graduate of a rider-training course.
- Many companies offer discounts from 10% to 15% on motorcycle insurance for graduates of training courses, such as the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) rider course. Riders under the age of 25, usually considered a higher risk, may see some savings by taking this course. It’s also a good idea for cyclists who have already had accidents.
- Maintaining a good driving record with no violations will also help reduce your premiums.
- In many northern states, riders may save money by buying a “lay-up” policy. With a lay-up policy, all coverage except comprehensive is suspended during winter months.
- Find out what discounts your insurance representative offers. Multi-bike discounts for those insuring more than one bike; organization discounts, if you’re a member of a motorcycle association; and mature rider discounts for experienced riders are just a few possibilities. Discounts can range anywhere from 10% to 20%, depending on the company and your state. Availability and qualifications for discounts vary from company to company and state to state.
- Keep in mind that the type, style (such as a sports bike vs. a cruiser) and age of the motorcycle, as well as the number of miles you drive a year and where you store your bike may also affect how much you pay for your premium.
Reach Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency for Motorcycle Insurance in Austin, Texas
Whether you’re a motorcyclist who knows exactly what you need or you’re looking for experienced independent agents who are capable of guiding you the whole way, Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency is the team to call. We proudly serve clients in metro Austin, Georgetown, Round Rock, Killeen, and Pflugerville.
Contact us online now to get a quote on motorcycle insurance, or call 512-869-1511!