Vacant Home Insurance in Austin Metro Area

Do you have a vacant or unoccupied property? The only way to financially protect yourself from unforeseen damages incurred to your vacant home is by securing a vacant home insurance policy.

Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency provides the extensive vacant home insurance policies that Austin area homeowners need to stay protected. Contact our team to inquire about our vacant home insurance products today!

Understanding Vacant Home Insurance Policies

What’s Covered in Vacant Home Insurance?

Vacant home insurance policies are specifically designed to protect the structure from damage when left unoccupied. Depending on the provider and policy you select, specific coverage for your vacant home will be different. However, the following coverage typically comes standard in a vacant home insurance policy:

  • Fire damage
  • Lightning
  • Explosions
  • Windstorms
  • Hail
  • Smoke & water intrusion

While vandalism and theft are usually not included in such policies, these coverages may be available through optional add-ons. Consult with your provider to learn what coverage options may be available to you.

Who Needs Vacant Home Insurance?

Usually, vacant home insurance policies are in the best interest of landlords who are between tenants; homeowners selling their previous place of residence; and house flippers in between projects. If you fall within one of these categories or have an unspecified reason for owning a vacant home, you’ll need to secure a vacant home insurance policy to protect your assets. Contact EEB to discover what vacant home insurance options are available for your property today!

Why Choose EEB for Vacant Home Insurance?

EEB has proudly provided the trusted insurance products and services that Austin homeowners need for nearly 100 years. We don’t simply provide the highest quality insurance products: We also ensure each client is properly educated on the breadth of coverage they purchase and how it directly benefits their specific situation. Our team is committed to finding you an insurance solution that addresses your unique needs and meets your budget. Contact us to find the vacant home insurance policy you need today.

Vacant Home Insurance FAQs

What is the difference between vacant and unoccupied?

Insurance providers define vacant and unoccupied homes differently. Vacant homes are those that do not have any personal belongings inside, while unoccupied homes are categorized as properties that are ready to be used as residences.

Will standard homeowners insurance cover a vacant house?

No. Vacant homes present a higher risk for insurers and therefore are not included in standard homeowners insurance products.

How long can a house be vacant for insurance?

If you plan to leave your home vacant or unoccupied for 30 days or longer, you will need to secure a vacant home insurance policy for the property.