Professional photographers are always eager to capture that perfect shot, and sometimes that can mean working in less-than-ideal or even dangerous conditions. To protect your equipment and mitigate the risks involved, it is important to have the right types of insurance coverage.
Our experts at Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency, Inc. can evaluate your needs and recommend the best coverage for your business. Since 1928, our company has been meeting the unique demands of diverse clients throughout Austin and central Texas. By choosing our team for your photographer’s insurance coverage, you can rest easy knowing you have some of the best protection possible.
To learn more about our coverage options and policies, call 512-869-1511 or contact us online. We are eager to help you find the perfect policy for your needs, at a price that is right for your budget.
Basic Photographer’s Insurance Coverage
At a minimum, our experts at Evans, Ewan & Brady recommend the following types of coverage for a professional photographer:
- Professional liability: This coverage protects your business if you or an employee accidentally causes an injury or property damage that leads to a lawsuit. Incidents due to negligence are not covered.
- General liability insurance: This policy protects the assets of your business from general claims that arise from things like injuries, property damage, copyright infringement, and more.
- Commercial property insurance: This coverage protects your office, photography equipment, business tools, and other commercial property from loss due to fire, theft, vandalism, and more.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: If an employee is injured on the job, this policy will reimburse his or her costs directly related to the injury.
- Commercial auto insurance: When you are using a vehicle for business use, whether it is registered to you or your business, commercial auto insurance is required for complete protection in case of an accident, loss, or property damage.
Need help determining which types of coverage you require for your business? Call 512-869-1511 or visit us online to speak with our team at Evans, Ewan & Brady today.
Other Insurance a Photographer May Require
Depending on your preferences and the nature of your photography business, there are other policies you may want to consider:
- Life insurance: This coverage provides beneficiaries such as shoes and children with money to help with things like funeral costs and everyday expenses should you pass away.
- Business interruption insurance: This policy helps with your expenses in case an event like a natural disaster or illness prevents your business from operating normally.
- Commercial umbrella policy: This coverage provides extra protection against events or circumstances that are not covered in your other business policies.
How Much Does Photographer’s Insurance Cost?
Every business is different, and depending on the combination of policies you choose and your risk factors, your costs may vary significantly even when compared to other professional photographers. Here are a few things that affect the overall cost of your photographer’s insurance:
- The policies and coverage levels you choose
- The value of the property that you have insured
- The number of employees you have, if any
- Your financial and credit history
- Your service area
To find the best policies available at competitive process, choose an experienced insurance agent like Evans, Ewan & Brady. With nearly a century of service, we have the industry credentials to connect you with the best policies at the best prices. We have all the coverage option you may need, and we will work closely with you to make the process as simple as possible.
Call 512-869-1511 today or contact us online to request a photographer’s insurance quote in Austin, TX.