Truck drivers are the backbone of America. Day in and day out, the men and women of the trucking industry work hard to keep America moving forward. It is a hard job, and risks are right around every corner. From hazardous road conditions to errant drivers, trucking companies must take steps to ensure their drivers have the coverage they need to protect them throughout their travels.
Since 1928, the team at Evans, Ewan & Brady Insurance Agency, Inc. has worked hard to ensure trucking companies have solid insurance for their operations. We invite you to contact us online or call us at (512) 869-1511 to receive a quote for your company.
Basic Trucking Company Insurance Coverage
- Auto liability/truck liability insurance – Trucking companies must carry auto liability or truck liability insurance with minimum coverage of $750,000. We advise carrying more than the legally required minimum to ensure superior protection as many accidents involving commercial motor vehicles quickly exhaust the minimum coverage required.
- General liability insurance – This protects your business against property damage and/or bodily injuries that are the result of a commercial motor vehicle accident.
- Physical damage insurance – This provides solid protection against vehicle loss or damage. Most lenders and lien holders will require trucking companies to carry a level of coverage sufficient to cover the cost of replacing the vehicle.
- Motor truck cargo insurance – Motor truck cargo coverage protects you against liability when a motor vehicle accident destroys, damages, or results in the loss of a customer’s property you are transporting.
- Excess or umbrella insurance – Umbrella policies provide additional coverage against all the possibilities you can’t predict. This enhanced protection is invaluable for protecting your business against catastrophic accidents and losses.
- Non-trucking liability – This makes sure your company is covered when drivers use company vehicles to run personal errands.
- Bobtail insurance – This liability-only insurance coverage protects your business when trucks roll down the road with or without a trailer or with or without a load. Similar to non-trucking liability, it’s essential coverage that every trucking company should have.
- Occupational accident coverage – This is a cost-effective option that protects your business against work-related injury claims. It is less expensive than workers’ compensation coverage and covers medical expenses, lost wages, and death benefits.
- Business interruption insurance – Whether it’s a pandemic or natural disaster, this coverage allows you to keep your business open when Mother Nature or man-made events close your business down.
- Cyber insurance – This protects your trucking company against data breaches and intrusions that can disrupt your operations.
How Much Does Trucking Company Insurance Cost?
It is essential to find the right combination of insurance coverage to maximize your available coverage while minimizing your overall cost. At Evans, Ewan & Brady, we work closely with our clients to find the most balanced coverage possible. When it comes to insuring your trucking company, the primary factors that will affect the cost of your policies include:
- Type of coverage
- Value of protected assets
- Number of employees, including drivers, office personnel, warehouse staff, etc.
- Service region
We encourage you to contact Evans, Ewan & Brady at (512) 869-1511 for more information about the insurance coverage we recommend for trucking companies in Austin and throughout Texas. It’s our pleasure to help you find the right coverage for your needs so that you can keep your business rolling along in the right direction.